- Sushant Singh Rajput (SSR) was found dead in his Mumbai apartment on June 14, 2020
- On June 9, Disha Salian, Sushant’s former manager died, reportedly jumping off or accidentally falling from the 14th-floor residence
- Sushant’s flatmate Siddharth Pithani had confessed that Rhea Chakraborty destroyed 8 hard drives on June 8 after which she left the actor’s flat
Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead in his flat in Mumbai on June 14, 2020. Earlier reports indicated that the actor committed suicide as per police. Within days, a debate initiated around the actual cause of death, and eventually resulted in unverified details about his lifestyle, relationships, career, financial status and even mental health, being openly discussed in broadcast, digital and social media.
The Supreme Court of India, on August 19, rejected actor Rhea Chakraborty’s petition to transfer the investigation from Patna to Mumbai in Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case. The court said that said Bihar government was competent to give consent to CBI for probing into the Patna FIR, reported Indian media.
What happened on September 8:
- Actress Rhea Chakraborty has been arrested by the NCB on Tuesday
- Television channels showed Rhea getting into the police car as she exited the NCB office
- Her brother Showik was arrested by the agency last week
- Rhea has been accused of abetting suicide, criminal conspiracy and theft in a report filed by the federal agency last month
- According to Indian media, as per sources, the NCB has prepared a list of 25 personalities from the film industry who were involved in this cartel
- Rhea’s bail application has also been rejected on Tuesday
Sushant’s sister Shweta Singh Kirti took to Twitter wrote in hashtag God is With Us and series of other messages.
Bollywood celebrities like Vidya Balan, ShibDandekar, Anurag Kashyap, and others took to social media to share a quote that was written on the T-shirt that Rhea had worn on Tuesday which happened to be her third day of interrogation with the bureau. “Roses are red, violets are blue, Let’s smash the patriarchy me and you,” the quote read.
Sonam Kapoor Ahuja wrote, “Everyone loves a witch hunt as long as it’s someone else’s witch being hunted – Walter Kirn”
While celebrities like Kareena Kapoor Khan, Sonam Kapoor, Shweta Bachchan, Dia Mirza, Shaheen Bhatt, Farhan Akhtar, Zoya Akhtar, Abhay Deol, Malaika Arora, Athiya Shetty, Huma Qureshi only posted the quote on social media, others like Vidya Balan, Shibani Dandekar and Anurag Kashyap complimented it with “#JusticeForRhea.”
August 26-27 Developments:
- A Times Now report reveals that 8 hard disks were erased on June 8, the same day when Rhea left Sushant’s flat
- Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) filed a criminal case against Rhea Chakraborty and others to probe their alleged dealings in banned drugs, reported Times Now and Hindustan Times
- Hindustan Times further reported that while a money-laundering angle is being probed into Sushant’s death, Enforcement Directorate has questioned Rhea Chakraborty and has obtained “deleted WhatsApp messages” allegedly indicating dealings in banned drugs from her phone
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s sister, Shweta, took to Twitter and wrote, “This is a CRIMINAL OFFENSE!! An immediate action should be taken by CBI on this. #RheaDrugsChat.”
- On Twitter, Shweta shared a Times Now video where their family lawyer Vikas Singh was expressing his shock and disbelief over the alleged drug chat between Rhea and someone named Jaya Saha. In the alleged chats between Rhea and Jaya, Saha told Chakraborty to apparently give ‘4 drops in tea, coffee or water & let him sip it. Give it 30-40 minutes for it to kick in.’
- As India’s Federal Agency, CBI, continues the investigation with Sushant Singh Rajput’s flatmate Siddharth Pithani and the late actor’s cook Neeraj, further reports in Indian’s broadcast and digital media have revealed more information on August 26. According to India Today, Siddharth has confessed that there were eight hard drives that were wiped out by Rhea Chakraborthy in the presence of Sushant on June 8. These drives were cleaned out on the same day that Rhea left Sushant’s residence. It has also been revealed that an IT professional was called in to clean the disks.
In a related development, actress Kangana Ranaut tweeted, “If narcotics Control Bureau enters Bullywood, many A listers will be behind bars, if blood tests are conducted many shocking revelations will happen. Hope @PMOIndia under swatchh Bharat mission cleanses the gutter called Bullywood.”
She wrote on Twitter, “Most popular drug in the film industry is cocaine, it is used in almost all house parties it’s very expensive but in the beginning when you go to the houses of high and mighty it’s given free, MDMA crystals are mixed in water and at times passed on to you without your knowledge.”
According to Indian TV Channels reporting on September 8, the NCB has arrested Rhea under sections 8(c), 20(b), 27(a), 28 and 29 of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act (NDPS).
The information, facts, analysis, commentary or opinions relating to trending news, appearing in articles on this website do not reflect the views of this website and its management team, and we do not assume any responsibility or liability.